Hausner focuses on academic growth in tandem with social and emotional development and 21st century learning skills to engage students, nurture curiosity and instill a passion for life-long learning.
At Hausner we strive to create an academic and life foundation that drives our students to lead purposeful and meaningful lives, flourish academically and emotionally, and be compassionate, engaged citizens for their communities and the world. Our graduates embody the virtues we promote. They become confident, responsible, self-directed leaders who anticipate and respond effectively to the challenges and opportunities life presents to them.
Hausner’s enriching program encompasses general studies, Hebrew, Jewish studies, art, music, and physical education, balancing academic achievement with students’ social, emotional, and physical well-being. Our curriculum teaches students important 21st century learning skills, such as problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creative use of educational technology providing a dynamic environment that encourages independent thinking.
At Hausner, we support the idea that true learning comes from experience. As a result, our project-based learning approach helps students develop practical life skills through investigation, complex research, and decision making. These skills lead to deeper learning, greater retention, and increased student engagement. We integrate technology into our core curriculum in general studies (including math, science, social studies, and English), as well as Jewish studies and various levels of Hebrew to enhance project-based learning. Our STEM curriculum – a hallmark of our education process – is an interdisciplinary and applied-teaching approach that integrates hands-on experiences in science, technology, engineering, computer science and math for real-world, problem-based learning.
Hausner is proud of the smooth transitions our graduates make to their next schools and of the great variety of achievements they go on to accomplish. The stellar list of universities that graduates of Hausner currently attend provides satisfying testimony to the strengths of the school’s academics. Scroll down to see the list here.
Our passionate, talented, and dedicated faculty is the key to boundless learning experiences. Teachers plan together within and across grade levels and subject areas. Our low student-to-teacher ratio enables our faculty to help each student develop self-reliance, confidence, and a deep understanding in all curriculum areas.
- Dedicated faculty, many of whom have National Board Certification or advanced degrees, inspire and engage students.
- Project-based learning, which is incorporated at all grade levels and provides students with a deeper understanding of their coursework.
- Integrated STEM programming, which provides enriched experiences in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Digital learning, which includes various technologies such as 1:1 iPad Program for 6th to 8th graders and shared classroom iPads to further enrich curriculum in kindergarten through 5th grades.
- Jewish studies curriculum, which promotes joyful Jewish learning and fosters a positive Jewish identity.
- Hebrew program, which accommodates various levels of language proficiency.
- Personal and academic counseling at Hausner is supported throughout the school by our teaching faculty, in collaboration with learning support specialists and a school counselor.
- Community service experience, which is woven into both general and Jewish studies programs.
- Music, art and physical education programs, which enrich our curriculum across all grades.
- Hausner’s Lehmann Library consists of over 15,000 volumes, intended to support and enhance the general studies and Hebrew and Jewish studies curriculum, as well as nurture and expand our students’ love of literature and reading.
- Interscholastic sports – which include basketball, cross country, flag football, soccer, tennis, and volleyball – are offered through the Small School Intermediate League in 6th through 8th grades.
- After-school enrichment classes are offered daily for all grades.
- CAIS and WASC Accredited.