Whether you and your family graduated from Hausner last year or left 20 years ago, we have created a place where you can connect, stay in touch, and always feel part of the Hausner community.
What defines our alumni?
Anyone who attended Mid-Peninsula Jewish Community Day School or Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School and left the school in good standing at any grade or upon graduation is considered to be an alumnus. The graduation year is the one in which a student’s class would have completed 8th grade, regardless of whether a student was enrolled for one year, nine years, or even attended prior to the launch of our middle school program in the fall of 1998.
What defines our parents of alumni (PALs)?
Simply put, it’s the parent of an alum as defined above.
What’s going on with our alumni?
What kinds of events do you plan for alumni throughout the year?
Alumni events, including Alumni Day and reunions, are planned over the course of the school year. Former students may also participate in Grandparents and Special Friends Day in May as the guest of one of our current students (contact our Development Office to pre-register).
How can I get in touch with other alumni or the alumni office?
The easiest way to connect is to join our Facebook and LinkedIn groups. If the alum you are searching for is not yet a member of either group, email us at email@example.com and, if we have up-to-date contact information, we will send your information on to the alum or their parents.
How can I get more involved with the Hausner alumni community or with Hausner in general?
- Come visit! We provide campus visits for alumni. Come run into your old teachers and see the new expanded campus!
- Join us! We encourage alumni to take part in events throughout the year, such as reunions, volleyball games, school celebrations, and Alumni Day
- Contact us! If there is an activity or fundraising event you would like to share with other alumni or the school community or you have an idea for an event for us to consider, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep us updated on what’s going on with you! Fill out this form to make sure we have all your current information. And come back and update it any time things change—new jobs, engagements, babies—all the things you want to share with your former Hausner classmates and community!
Keep in touch
No matter where you go after leaving Hausner, you will always be part of our school community! Join our alumni groups to stay connected to your former classmates and to our school.
Alumni on Facebook
Be social! Find news and photos from yesterday and today on our Facebook alumni group. Search for “Hausner (formerly MPJCDS) Alumni” or join the FB group by clicking here.
- Tell us what you’ve been up to since leaving Hausner! Have selfies from your travels around the world? Post them here! Had a baby or other major life event? Let us know! Or take a trip down memory lane with your former classmates by posting photos from your Hausner school days. We all love those memories! Note: our alumni page is a private group and only approved members can post.
- Don’t forget to tag your Hausner classmates on the private alumni page to connect even more alumni with each other!
- And don’t forget to like our public page at Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School to stay even more connected.
Alumni on LinkedIn
- Join our private LinkedIn alumni/community group for business networking, job postings, and to keep up with what your former classmates are doing professionally. Join the LinkedIn group by clicking here or search for “Hausner Alumni/Community” on LinkedIn.
- PALs: Parents are also invited to join the LinkedIn group. We envision this LinkedIn group as a vibrant place for Hausner alumni to professionally network. And PALs are crucial for this to work. Let’s strengthen this group and help all Hausner alumni who are interested. We strongly encourage you to join this group.
As you move on through the next chapters of your life – high school, college, careers, families of your own—we hope that you will remember how Hausner helped prepare you for all that has come since you left our campus. You can help ensure that other Hausner students are well prepared for all that life will offer by supporting our school. Make a donation today! Any amount helps, from $18 to $36k!